Sunday, December 11, 2005

Amsterdam then the Jazz Cafe


Off to Amsterdam at 3:30 in the morning just for 1 day (how depressing is that!) , then it's the gig at the Jazz Cafe on Tuesday night so I expect to falling asleep half way though most of the numbers (nothing new there then!) . . anyone going don't complain! We'll playing on and off from 9 'till 1.

Will post some pics but here's one from when we last played there . . . . me trying to look like I'm concentrating. The singer in the background, that was his first and last with us . . having moaned about the 'tempi' after the first set, he disappeared after the last never to be seen again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Steve,

it's more depressing not to get to go to Amsterdam at all. Have fun!

Cheers,
AM

9:55 PM  
Blogger Ben R said...

Steve,

Can't say I've tried that place.

Quite like the Elachi up at the Turnpike on Cressex. Shame about no live audience for the Xmas Special, otherwise we could have halved the travel costs!

Ben

8:05 AM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Steve,

I live in Toronto, but have been to Vancouver. Great place- you should visit.

Your little whirlwind tour to Amsterdam sounds like some of my crazy weekends (ie: Friday night flight to London, Sunday afternoon flight to Toronto, or even better, Friday night flight to California, red eye to Toronto at 6am Monday morning before reporting to work). They were easier when I was younger, but still worth it now once in a while.

Cheers,
AM

9:02 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Steve,

Oh! I would be honoured if you would join the writing team on the Jazzblog that I am working on getting started. It would be awesome to get the opinion of a playing musician, and also is a good place to plug your gigs. *grin*

Let me know what you think, just comment a request if you would like to be added.

jacksjazz.blogspot.com

Jack

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home